Radio Community & Astro2010: Science White Papers
Astro2010 Decadal Survey Science Frontier Panels
Click on each panel name to view the individual science white papers.
- Cosmology and Fundamental Physics (CFP): The early Universe, the microwave background, the reionization and galaxy formation up to virialization of protogalaxies, large scale structure, the intergalactic medium, cosmological parameters, dark matter, dark energy, tests of gravity, physical constants, and high energy physics.
- Galaxies across Cosmic Time (GCT): The formation, evolution, and global properties of galaxies and galaxy clusters, as well as active galactic nuclei and QSOs, mergers, star formation rate, gas accretion, and supermassive black holes.
- Planetary Systems and Star Formation (PSF): Planetary systems and star formation, including solar system bodies (other than the Sun) and extrasolar planets, debris disks, exobiology, the formation of individual stars, protostellar and protoplanetary disks, molecular clouds and the cold ISM, dust, and astrochemistry.
- Galactic Neighborhood (GAN): The galactic neighborhood, including the structure and properties of the Milky Way and nearby galaxies, and their stellar populations and evolution, as well as interstellar media and star clusters.
- Stars and Stellar Evolution (SSE): Stars and stellar evolution, including the Sun as a star, stellar astrophysics, the structure and evolution of single and multiple stars, compact objects, supernovae, gamma-ray bursts, solar neutrinos, and extreme physics on stellar scales.