G. Jansky Lectureship. Information on the Lectureship and on
Imaging Summer Schools.
- Annual New Mexico Symposia, held in Socorro each year in
conjunction with the Jansky Lecture:
- Annual Jansky Symposium. Rotates around NRAO sites:
- The EVLA Vision: Galaxies through Cosmic Time, held 16–18 December 2008 in
Socorro, New Mexico
24th Annual New Mexico Symposium, held 24 October 2008 in
Socorro, New Mexico
- The Birth and Feedback of Massive Stars, Within and Beyond the Galaxy, held 25–27 September 2008 in Charlottesville, VA
- NRAO 2008 Research Staff Retreat held
10-11 April 2008 in Socorro, New Mexico
Synthesis Imaging Workshop, held 10-17 June 2008 in Socorro,
- ALMA Production Workshop, to be held November 13-15, 2007, NRAO Auditorium, 520 Edgemont Road, Charlottesville.
- ALMA Software Meeting (NTC), to be held November 5-7, 2007.
- AUI Sponsors Committee on the Future
of U.S. Radio Astronomy
- ALMA Band 6 CDR to be held on October 1-2, 2007 in
Charlottesville, VA at the NTC
- North American Pulsar Timing Meeting to be held September 21-22,
2007 in Charlottesville, VA
- Implementation of the SKA
Program for the U.S. Community, A Community Workshop, to be held
September 14-15, 2007 in Washington, DC
- ALMA North American Science Advisory Committee (ANASAC) meeting to
be held 17 August 2007 in Charlottesville, VA
- 2007 NAIC/NRAO Single
Dish Summer School: to be held July 8-15, 2007 in Green Bank, WV.
Science with ALMA: Through Disks to Stars and Planets: to
be held June 22-24, 2007 at the North American ALMA Science Center
(NAASC) of the NRAO in Charlottesville, VA.
- NRAO 50th Anniversary Symposium: to be held
- National Radio
Astronomy Observatory Community Open House: held November
5, 2006 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM at NRAO Charlottesville, VA.
- Innovative Approaches to Radio Astronomy
Technologies: A Tribute to the Career of John Payne at NRAO held
October 26, 2006, Charlottesville, VA.
- The Lewis E. Snyder Astrochemistry Lectures: held September 22-23, 2006 in Green Bank, WV.
- Future Instrumentation with the Green Bank
Telescope: held September 7-9, 2006 in Green Bank, WV.
Small Ionized and Neutral Structures in the Diffuse ISM: May
21-24, 2006; Socorro, New Mexico.
Legacy Projects Workshop: May 17, 2006; Socorro, New Mexico.
Z-Machines to ALMA: (Sub)Millimeter Spectroscopy of Galaxies:
held January 13-14, 2006 at the North American ALMA Science Center of
the National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- "New Opportunities for NRAO", 13 December 2004, Socorro,
NM. An informal mini-workshop with presentations on ALMA, NAASC, FASR,
SKA, CMB research opportunities, Focal Plane Arrays, and other topics,
ending with an informal reception for Barry Clark. Video to other NRAO
Cool Universe: Observing Cosmic Dawn, 2004 IAOC International
Workshop, 4-8 October, Valparaiso, Chile
with Wavelengths on Human Scales, A Celebration of the 74th Birthday of
Bill Erickson and Low Frequency Radio Science, 8-11 September
2004, Santa Fe, New Mexico
of Sgr A* - 30 year anniversary, March 25-26, 2004, Green
Bank, WV, USA.
- ALMA Workshop,
14-15 May 2004, College Park, Maryland
and Radio Connections, 3-6 February 2004, Santa Fe, NM, USA.
Annual New Mexico Symposium 3 October 2003, Socorro, New
Mexico. Sponsored by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) to
support the network of scientific research in the Southwest and
encourage interdisciplinary discussions.
Astronomy to the Public, 1-3 October 2003, Washington, DC
USA. A conference organized by the National Radio Astronomy
Observatory, in cooperation with the National Research Council.
High Frequency Science Workshop, 8-9 September 2003, Green
Bank, West Virginia, USA.
NAIC-NRAO School on Single-Dish Radio Astronomy, 10-16 August
2003, Green Bank, WV, USA.
Directions in High Resolution Astronomy: A Celebration of the
10th Anniversary of the VLBA took place from June 8-12 of 2003 in
Socorro, NM. The conference included invited review talks along with
contributions in the form of both talks and posters. There was a tour
of the VLBA antenna at Pie Town, and the VLA.
International Symposium Space TeraHertz Technology, Loews
Ventana Canyon Resort, Tucson, Arizona, USA, April 22-24, 2003.
EVLA Planning Workshop: Defining the Second Phase, 23-25
August 2001, Socorro, NM.
- NRAO School on Single Dish Radio Astronomy, June 10-15,
2001, Arecibo, Puerto Rico.
Bank Workshop: 21 cm HI Survey Of The Milky Way, May 21-23,
2001, Green Bank, WV.
with the Atacama Large Millimeter Array, October 6-8, 1999,
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Washington DC.
Ionized Gas in Galaxies, September 23-25, 1999, Green Bank,
at Radio through Submillimeter Wavelengths, June 6-9, 1999,
Loews Ventana Canyon Resort, Tucson, AZ.
Angular Resolution Science with the NRAO Very Long Baseline Array,
Topical session at the Chicago AAS meeting, June 2, 1999.
Real Time Programmers Meeting, April 12-14, 1999, Socorro, NM.
Square Kilometer Array Workshop, October 9-10, 1998, Green
Bank, West Virginia.
Science Workshop, August 19-20, 1998, Green Bank, West
Interferometry: The Science and the Saga, proceedings of a
symposium honoring Barry Clark at 60, June 25-26, 1998, Socorro NM.
1997 and Earlier