NRAO External Committees
The Users Committee - 2015
The Users Committee (UC) is made up of users and potential users of NRAO facilities from throughout the scientific community. It advises the Director and the Observatory staff on all aspects of Observatory activities that affect the users of the telescopes. This committee, which is appointed by the Director, meets annually in May.
The current membership of the NRAO Users Committee is given below. In 2014, NRAO integrated the ALMA North American Science Advisory Committee (ANASAC) as a standing subcommittee of the Users Committee. Users Committee members who also serve on the ANASAC are indicated, as are the ANASAC representatives to the international ALMA Science Advisory Committee (ASAC).
- Loren Anderson, West Virginia University (2018)
- Alberto Bolatto, (ANASAC/ASAC), University of Maryland (2016)
- John Carpenter, (ANASAC/ASAC), Caltech (2015)
- Shami Chatterjee, Cornell University (2016)
- Laura Chomiuk, Michigan State University (2016)
- Sheperd Doeleman, (ANASAC), MIT Haystack Observatory (2015)
- Steven Ellingson, Virginia Tech, (2018)
- Rachel Friesen, University of Toronto (2018)
- Gregg Hallinan, Caltech (2015)
- Shih-Ping Lai, (ANASAC), National Tsing-Hua University (2018)
- Joseph Lazio, JPL/CIT (2016)
- Dan Marrone, (ANASAC), University of Arizona (2015)
- James Miller-Jones, Curtin University (2015)
- Karin Öberg, (ANASAC), Harvard-Smithsonian CfA (2015)
- Rachel Osten, (ANASAC/ASAC), Space Telescope Science Institute (2018)
- Dick Plambeck, (ANASAC/ASAC), University of California, Berkeley (2015)
- Dominik Riechers, Cornell University (2016)
- Douglas Scott, (ANASAC/ASAC), University of British Columbia (2017)
For 2015, Joseph Lazio is the Committee Chair, with Laura Chomiuk as the Deputy Chair.
Download The Users Committee Charge (pdf).
The NRAO Visiting Committee - 2015
The NRAO Visiting Committee is appointed by the AUI Board of Trustees to review the management and research programs of the Observatory. The Visiting Committee meetings are held at alternating NRAO sites. The current membership of the Committee is:
- Edwin (Ted) Bergin, University of Michigan
- Katherine Blundell, Oxford University
- Xiaoyu Hong, Shanghai Astronomical Observatory
- Ryohei Kawabe, Nobeyama Radio Observatory
- Elizabeth Lada, University of Florida
- Malcolm Longair, University of Cambridge
- Suzanne Staggs, Princeton University
- Greg Taylor, University of New Mexico
- Dan Werthimer, University of California, Berkeley
For 2015, Edwin Bergin is the Committee Chair.
Monday, 11-May-2015 15:59:31 EDT
by Robin Mason